How to Factory Reset your AirPods or AirPods Pro is a question that may come to your mind when they start ill-functioning. Moreover, it can get very irritating to handle the improperly functioning AirPods. In such conditions, a simple guide on resetting your AirPods can be a lifesaver!
Considering this, we have brought you the best guide on How to Factory Reset your AirPods pro. This includes both; using an iPhone to reset as well as without an iPhone.
How to factory reset your airpods and airpods pro?
You can factory reset your AirPods or AirPods Pro with or without the use of your iPhone. In the below section we will see the process to factory reset your AirPods Pro WITHOUT your iPhone.
Steps on How to factory reset your airpods WITHOUT iPhone-
- Put both the AirPods in the charging case and keep the lid open.
- Next press and hold the set up button on the charging case for 15 seconds. Until the light on it flashes from Amber to white in color.
- Voila! You have now successfully reset your AirPods Pro.
How To Get Split Screen On iPad? 3 Easy Steps!
Now coming to the other method of factory resetting your AirPods or AirPods Pro. In this method, you need your iPhone, iPad, and iPod to reset your AirPods. Kindly follow the following steps to restart AirPods easily.
Steps on How to factory reset your airpods WITH iPhone-
- Place your AirPods in the charging case and close the lid and wait for at least 30 seconds.
- Next, open the lid of your airpods charging case.
- On your, iPhone browses to the settings menu and then to the Bluetooth options.
- Search for AirPods and click on the I button located to the exact right of the name of your airpods.
- Click forget this device and confirm it.
- Next, you can press and hold the setup button on the charging case until it flashes from Amber to white.
- Try Re-Connecting your AirPods with your iPhone or any compatible devices. It should probably work.
- For more info visit apple support.
How to hard reset airpods and airpods pro?
The answer to How to hard reset airpods and airpods pro? Is the same as that for factory reset. You can hard reset your AirPods Pro with or without the help of an iPhone. Just follow the steps mentioned above to successfully hard reset your AirPods or AirPods Pro.
2 Best Ways-How To Put Your MacBook on Do Not Disturb!
How to unpair airpods?
There are multiple situations in which there is a need to unpair the AirPods from our own devices. For Example, if you want to give them away to another person, in order to reset them, so on and so forth. Reasons may be many but the solution is just one and that is too simple!
In case you are giving the AirPods away to another person then you should first consider renaming them before unpairing them. To do that follow the steps mentioned below-
Steps to rename the airpods-
- Go to the Bluetooth settings.
- now click on the name displaying your airpods so that the option to rename appears.
- Simply put any name that you want.
Steps to Unpair AirPods-
- Go to the Bluetooth settings.
- Search for your AirPods and click on the I button located next to it.
- Now simply click on the forget this device button and confirm it.
That’s it! You have successfully unpaired your AirPods from your Apple device.
Thanks for Reading!
Also, read other such articles-